Sunday, September 25, 2011

healing poems

Here's an assortment for you.

I am a pioneer in
the wilderness of love
unknown territory
I go forward
waiting for the time 
and place to settle
9/00

bags full of wonder
backs full of aches
leanne rimes and bonnie raitt
christmas carols for the new year

macintosh dreams
saved 2 lives last night
but my mind is full of blood
cant dream any bigger
than paying all the bills 
for once
12/97

tangerines
a secret garden full of tangerines
doves call
dove in the morning
calls me 
to a higher life
1997


boneyard

I dont live in the boneyard anymore
I am here now
and the painful travels of the past
need not hinder me
I step into
my bright future
me and God
I'm gonna make it
new
6/97

old songs
new songs
old singers
old friends in music
remember and enjoy
let your spirits rise
on the feathers of memory
be a child again
and take wing
never lose hope
never lose heart
be happy in small things
and old blessings

be wise in small things
and thereby find contentment
the stars are free  


flight

who raised up these mountains
straight in dusky rows
arranged them all with care
so we'd find peace out there?

who drew paths for rivers
and sent them to the sea?
who made this place beautiful
and made a place for me?
11/21/83, 
  written flying over the appalachians




No comments:

Post a Comment