Sunday, September 25, 2011

2 more hoarding poems

setting me free
from weight of sin
truckloads of moldy books
scratchy LPs and misc crazy writing writing writing
obsession writings
oh Lord lift me
from my life
from loads of fat and credit and debts
and pounds of guilt

moving on
to joy and exercise
and simple pleasures
lift me Lord
from the frozen past
from my quicksand
of the old
forward and onward
to my own joy
thank you

It cost so much to get free
but I hafta lift the load
to dump it
otherwise I'd hafta keep on
carrying it

another, undated, same era

love takes it all away
the dirt of the past
the pain the burden and the anger
the hate
He leaves only
the marks on our soul
where the past has been
but the weight is gone
and the spirit made light
can then rejoice
and sing
and walk
by faith


     I am thinking of our God as the beautiful loving grandmother. She takes it all away but leaves the scars on purpose. Love, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment