Sunday, November 27, 2011

series cont, all the way to free

all the way to free

running in the creek
running in the woods
didn't hear no dogs
yet
sure they after me
never had no new dress
this one torn now
my head sure do hurt
where he beat me down
and my lip is swole
but I is free
this night
and maybe I get there
maybe I do
I got the feeling
I get there
CANADA
and when I do
I learn to write
and I write it all
for you
aint never been free
this long before
and they meeting me
on the other side
with the wagon
I see it
I see it
I see the wagon
this time
I 'm gonna get there
all the way
to free
my heart beat fast
my feet start to hurt
I'm gonna get there
this time




note from sara, one of my ancestors was the man with the wagon, a practicing abolitionist and station on the underground railroad. others of my heritage were slaves in egypt, germany, lithuania, and poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment