Sunday, October 30, 2011

question, answer

question

ancient wisdom guiding me
new pathways of freedom
lessons come to me now
learn to trust again
learn to love again
learn to trust the longing
is this the one
I waited for
many dark nights
many lonely days
are you guiding me
sweet mother of my soul
are you teaching me
your true ways?


answer

I will bring you to
a place of peace and rest
I will care for you
as a mother cares
for her small child
I will quiet you
as a child on her mother's shoulder
I will bring you to
meet your grandchild
rest in a place of healing
know my peace today

written around 1993


I am a burning coal in your heart
I am the song you sing inside
I will wash you free inside
and in my cleansing fire
I will burn healing in
healing in your life
I will burn you deep inside
sweet peace steal in my soul
sweet kindness of the Lord
waters of the holy life
will wash me deep inside
2/2/92

 the rain is mine
and the sun is mine
and what will you give me,
says the Lord
give me your life
that I may use you
give me your hands
that I may heal others
give me your time
that we may be one
for what will you give me
says the Lord
that I have not given you?
that's how my love
will come through you
the stars are mine
the warm earth is mine
what will you give me,
says the Lord
the trees are mine
and the hills are mine
what will you give me,
says the Lord...

4/8/89

flight

written over the appalachians in flight

who raised up these mountains
straight in dusky rows
arranged them all with care
so we'd find peace out there

who drew paths for rivers
and sent them to the sea?
who made this earth beautiful
and made a place for me?

11/21/83

1 comment:

  1. a few of my spirit poems/journal for you
    I wish I had some music for the last one, a female voice

    ReplyDelete