Sunday, October 9, 2011

guardian poems

Being with shar pei I always am aware of the fu lion/guardian spirit necessary in our world, and am learning how.

guardian

guardian
grandmother spirit
whose name I do not know
mother of my father's mother
your life lost in childbirth
watch over me
and the mothers and babies
that I in turn guard
that none may suffer your fate
give me wisdom daily
to keep all my trust
and guard me also
your shar pei
wrinkled messengers of the animal world
keeping me safe
at home
9/03

quilter's song/ new quilt blessing

guardians of our secret selves
when they travel in the night
little bits of joy and beauty
washing over all our dreams
magic blankets of protection
and of grace
wrapping love all around me
wrapping love around my people
in hope and strength and comfortings
cotton pieces color me

7/26/03

No comments:

Post a Comment