Monday, May 14, 2012

new and old projects

  Hi everybody. Today I hope to finish sending off version 1 of my portfolio to Mindy and the folks at the University of Orange. Later you can call me DR., I hope. I realize this work is ongoing and forever, as long as I can see and talk and think and make, I will be doing. May many more beauties flow through me in my time on Earth.
  As soon as the portfolio is done, I hope to finish binding my doggie quilt, " canis lupus, canis familiaris". Watch here for photos. I have a fans quilt made with 1930s fabrics to quilt. I have a top which is a log cabin of wild horses. I am working on another snorkeling underwater quilt, Honu. This is sitting in my living room now, yesterday I added some coral and rocks and seaweed and seahorses. It's a slow one.  I want to start an ocean waves quilt with lots of watery fishy fabrics.  I have the  wonderful autumn leaves 2 quilt to quilt, "instinct". I am making another antiquey one inspired by the 1840s star.  I am working on a fancy holiday jacket with mini logs and crazy quilting in lush silks and velvets. I am thinking on what to make for Mindy and her house. I have just finished the petroglyph Wyoming quilts, collaborating with my mom, Fran Hale.  I have just finished the African houses quilt, "Under African Skies".
  I want to make this become a book, but I need to go back and rephotograph a lot of my work. It's gonna take another year probably.


           Love to all, Sally Crystal

2 comments:

  1. PROGRESS REPORT. I am approved for graduation and have had a couple ceremonial dinners and a lunch, though the U/O has not yet had a ceremony this year. I have finished the doggie quilt, finished the HONU quilt top, started the ocean waves quilt, the petroglyph quilt is on display in the Wyoming county fair. I am working on several new tops. Last but not least, we had a wonderful quilt class in Mendocino with 8 willing and eager students. Now I feel I have fulfilled my teaching assignment. And I am talking to several artist friends about joining the University of Orange WEST COAST. love Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROGRESS REPORT. I am approved for graduation and have had a couple ceremonial dinners and a lunch, though the U/O has not yet had a ceremony this year. I have finished the doggie quilt, finished the HONU quilt top, started the ocean waves quilt, the petroglyph quilt is on display in the Wyoming county fair. I am working on several new tops. Last but not least, we had a wonderful quilt class in Mendocino with 8 willing and eager students. Now I feel I have fulfilled my teaching assignment. And I am talking to several artist friends about joining the University of Orange WEST COAST. love Sara

    ReplyDelete